Some months ago, I made a list of things to remember, because I often forget the things that are important and I hold on to the negative instead. So, from time to time I read my list. I turned 25 yesterday, and I needed the reminder once more.
- Never forget that you are a strong woman. That you will get through anything. Everything. And emerge stronger. Never forget.
- It is not people who should remind me, I am the one who needs to remind myself.
- I am loved by wonderful people.
- I am a normal person overcoming BPD.
- I have been blessed in years past, even in my refusal to see it.
- The journey is not always going to be easy but so long as I keep moving forward I’ll be fine.
- Worry is the chemical imbalance’s way of eating into my mind.
alwaysoften a plausible positive explanation for the weirdness folks bring my way.
- The world is not trying to hurt me.
- The universe does not revolve around me.
- The people I lean on have their own personal issues outside of me and they also need my love.
- Olodumare is watching out for me at all times.
- One day, I’ll wake up and realise my brain remembered by itself.
So, that’s my list. What are the things you have to remind yourself of?